If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
What Information We Collect
There are two types of information that may be collected.
The first one is called “Personal Information”, which is personally identifiable information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing Information. Tim’s Journey does not collect personal information from your children in any of its applications. However, Tim’s Journey may collect personal information you directly give us while requesting technical support either through our ‘Help’ section, or by messaging us via our Page on Facebook, or by email. Such information may include your email address, your name any other information you’ve decided to provide us.
“Anonymous Information” means Information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. Anonymous Information doesn’t directly identify an individual or may have been personal information but has had the personally identifiable information removed. Tim’s Journey may collect Anonymous Information about the use of the Applications to help us improve our services.
The Applications are designed for the whole family, including young children under 13 years of age under parent supervision. There are sections of the Applications designed for children and for parents and Information collected through these sections differs.
The main menu and games themselves are designed for children. We share your concern for the children’s privacy and do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information about children through these sections of the Applications and do not use third-party analytics services in these sections.
The signup process and profile are sections for parents – they are separated from the sections for children with a parental gate. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information through these sections of the Applications and we do use third party analytics services that automatically collect anonymous information about the usage of our Services.
How We Use Collected Information
We use your personal information (such as name or email address) only to provide you with the technical assistance you requested.
We do not store the information you provide us through our ‘Help’ section, our Page on Facebook, or by email on our infrastructure.
In the sections for parents we automatically collect and store the following types of anonymous information about Users who installed our Applications:
- state or region
- device model
- operating system and its version
- language set on your device
- IP address (saved in our technical logs, which have 30 days retention period, i.e. logs are automatically deleted after 30 days)
- device’s advertising identifier (if you agree to provide)
Additionally, this information (as well as your IP address) may be transferred to, processed and stored by our Service Providers, whose services we use to improve your customer experience.
- Google Cloud (server infrastructure)
- Google Firebase (aggregated errors & crashes reports; push notifications tool)
- Amplitude (in-app analytics tool)
- Facebook Analytics (in-app analytics tool)
- Yandex Metrika (website analytics tool)
- Google Analytics (website analytics tool)
- Facebook Pixel (website analytics tool)
- Snapchat Pixel (website analytics tool)
Legal basis for the processing of this personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR, as this data is necessary for the following purposes:
- to setup your account on our Applications and save your settings (like language, sound settings, games’ difficulty levels), game progress and recognize you when you return to our Applications
- to deliver content localized into your language
- to improve our Applications through analyzing aggregated data on how Users engage with our Applications; to understand what kind of content is more relevant in particular countries
- to promptly identify and solve the technical problems our Applications and Users encounter
- to notify you about new content, games and special offers via push notifications and direct online marketing campaigns
- to estimate the size of our target group and their user pattern
- to estimate the efficiency of our marketing campaigns
Furthermore, with this information, we will be able to ensure the stability and security of our Applications.
We will not rent, sell, or share the information we have collected from you with third parties without your consent, except as described below:
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in case of an emergency, which includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
How We Protect Collected Information
The information we collect through the Services is stored and processed on the servers, located in the EU, hosted by Google Cloud.
The servers of our Service Providers are located in the EU and in the United States. By registering for and using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to the United States.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We continuously take steps to further improve the way we store and process personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Applications.
Your rights according to the GDPR
As the data subject, you have the right of access (Art 15 GDPR), the right to rectification (Art 16 GDPR), the right to the erasure of your personal data (Art 17 GDPR), the right to restriction of processing of your personal data (Art 18 GDPR) as well as the right to data portability (Art 20 GDPR). Furthermore, you have the option to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data with the competent supervisory authority.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke the given consent at any time. Such revocation affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you make such revocation.
You can object to the processing of your personal data insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests. This is the case in particular if the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation to you, which we in each case present in the description of the functions which follow. In case of such objection, we kindly ask for an explanation of the reasons for the objection against the processing of your personal data. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons based on which we continue processing your personal data.
You may, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time.
In this case, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also delete all or any of your personal information stored by us or our Service Providers by contacting us at email@example.com. Remember that the account and/or the personal information you requested to be deleted will be lost forever.
Notice to California Residents